Celebrity hairdresser, Errol Douglas is a fan of the ponytail because it can look as individual as you want it to. “Judging by the herd of models horsing around at the recent fashion shows, it seems official that ponytails are being trotted out again as a hair trend,” he says.
How do you get that perfect ponytail? Ladies Home Journal suggests trying these tips:
1. Start with day-old hair. Don’t wash your hair the day you wear a pony. Your hair’s natural oils will help the ponytail hold better.
2. Keep conditioning. Even if you don’t suds up, use conditioner on ends to make them shiny.
3. Blow dry for volume. Begin with towel-dried hair. Spritz a volumizer onto the roots, and use a paddle brush to pull hair directly up from the scalp while you dry.
4. Add a little paste. Run a tiny amount of styling paste or pomade through your hair for texture and added hold.
5. Go low. For sleek style, go with a low pony.
Mane ‘n Tail’s Braid Sheen Spray will help with the grip for your ponytail. Use it with a bit of the Original Mane ‘n Tail Conditioner as a leave-in — but just a tiny bit to run through the hair — not too much, you don’t want it to look greasy.
Try Mane ‘n Tail Braid Sheen Spray to help turn your ponytail into a glamorous hair effect!